2 New Features Launching This Month To Make Your Home More Secure
Home Security, SmartCam, Hedge App, New Releases & Updates
Published: June 9, 2020
This month, we're thrilled to launch two new features to improve and enhance your Hedge experience:
- Auto-scheduling for arming/disarming your home (Security Scheduling)
- Setting specific areas that you'd like to monitor or disregard (Activity Zones)
Below, we'll explain both of these features — what they are, how to use them, and why they'll make your home even more secure.
Read on for the newest from Hedge to you.
1: Auto-scheduling for arming/disarming your home (Security Scheduling)
Our all-new Security Scheduling allows you to arm your home at a set time every day. Security Scheduling overrides the proximity-dependent auto-arm feature, which arms and disarms your home when you exit and enter a preset radius around it.
How Security Scheduling Makes Your Home Even More Secure
Security Scheduling helps you make your home even more secure because it limits room for human error. Enabling it will automatically arm/disarm your home at the same time each day (or night) — which means one less thing that you have to remember to do.
One of our favorite ways to take advantage of Security Scheduling is to set it to automatically arm your home when you go to bed and disarm your home when you wake up in order to capture movement and/or noise as you sleep.
How and When to Take Advantage of Security Scheduling
You'll be able to enable Security Scheduling starting on June 10, 2020. Just follow these instructions:
- Open the Hedge App and click the "Settings" tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Click "Security Scheduling."
- Make sure the "Set times to arm your system" toggle is turned on.
- Then, set specific times to arm and disarm your system.
2: Setting Specific Areas that You'd Like to Monitor or Disregard (Activity Zones)
Setting Activity Zones will allow you to "highlight" specific areas in your SmartCam's line of sight that you'd like to be notified of or disregard completely. Within the Hedge App settings, you can easily adjust the size of the green Activity Zone and move it around, quickly setting the area you want to capture.
How Activity Zones Make Your Home Even More Secure
Setting Activity Zones is just another way to customize Hedge to fit your individual needs. Activity Zones allows you to hone in on areas in your home of particular interest to you, like the below examples:
- You can set an Activity Zone on your doors and windows; that way, you'll receive an alert if these are opened unexpectedly, but you won't receive an alert if a family member walks near them.
- You can set an Activity Zone on your child's crib, so that it'll detect and alert you to motion within the crib but nowhere else in the bedroom.
How and When to Take Advantage of Activity Zones
You'll be able to enable Security Scheduling starting on June 10, 2020 by following these simple steps:
- Open your Hedge App and click the SmartCam you'd like to update.
- Click the settings gear in the upper right hand corner.
- Under "Activity Zones," click on "Set or edit an Activity Zone."
- From there, you'll be able to create, size, and move a green box that represents the area that you want to monitor.