Hedge Users Can Now Purchase Additional Devices Through the App
Published: November 2, 2020
SmartCam, Smart Leak Sensor Kit, Smart Motion Kit, Hedge App, Hedge Setup, Hedge Troubleshooting, Hedge New Releases & Updates, Home Protection, Home Monitoring
Your wish is our command.
At Hedge, we're always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. That's why we've been hard at work building new functionality into our Hedge App: a "shop" feature that allows you to purchase Hedge devices directly through the app. Pretty neat, huh?
What additional devices do I need?
As current Hedge customers know, our Base Package includes a variety of smart home devices. And while these devices are sufficient to provide proactive home protection for many of our customers, some prefer to purchase additional devices to customize a home monitoring and protection system that meets their exact needs.
If you're interested in purchasing additional devices for added home coverage but need inspiration when it comes to placement --- we have a few ideas (read on).
If you're like many of our customers, you might have your Indoor SmartCam set up near the entryway of your home, perhaps pointed at your front door. Here are a few other areas of the home that you might like to monitor:
- Other entryways (e.g. your back door, side door, or garage door)
- Just inside a door or window, pointed outside
- Your child's room (or pet's room)
- Any other high-traffic areas of the home, like the kitchen or living room
Smart Leak Sensor Kit
The Smart Leak Sensor Kit comes equipped with three Leak Sensors. But with the potential for water damage seemingly around every corner in your home, it might be helpful to set up a few additional sensors. Here are our recommended spots:
- Under washing machines, dishwashers, and refrigerators (if they have a water supply line)
- Under sinks (especially if the sink has had previous leaks, is old, and/or is in a place not regularly accessed)
- Near hot water tanks and sump pumps
Smart Motion Kit
The Smart Motion Kit contains two Contact Sensors to monitor door/window activity and one Motion Sensor to monitor (you guessed it) motion. These devices are incredibly versatile, making them a great option if you'd like to purchase additional devices to monitor activity across more of your home. Here are a few ideas:
- Near any of your home's entry points
- Near the stairs leading up to your home's bedrooms
- Near an area of your home that's off-limits to your kids (or pets)
- On any of your home's doors leading outside
- On any of your home's interior doors (even the pantry door!)
- On any of your home's windows
Garage Door Sensor
Last but not least we have the Garage Door Sensor. This sensor isn't part of the Base Package --- it's available as an add-on only. It detects if your garage door is open or closed and sends you a notification if it's still open when you "arm" your home, which Hedge users typically do when they leave for the day or go to bed at night.
How do I purchase additional devices through the app?
We've made it easy to purchase additional devices through the Hedge App. Just open the app and navigate to the "store" in one of two ways:
- From your dashboard, click the shopping cart icon in the upper corner
- Or, from the Services page, click "Shop: Buy more devices"
From there, you'll be able to select the additional devices you'd like to add and complete the checkout process within the app.
Once you receive your additional devices in the mail, click the "+" in the lower right corner of your Hedge App, and the app will walk you through the installation process. If you have any questions about connecting your new devices to your existing system, don't hesitate to reach out to Support.
What's coming next for Hedge?
We're always looking to improve the Hedge experience for our customers. Stay tuned for additional features coming in the new year! As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.